Religious - Philosophy Overview
If you are looking to gain practical training and experience in Biblical studies, critical thinking, and writing tailored to the particular calling of each individual student, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
Jamestown College Religion-Philosophy Distinctions
Jamestown College offers a bachelor of arts major in Religion - Philosophy with courses relating to the study of God and the relationship of God to our world. Distinctions of the Jamestown College Religion-Philosophy program include:
- Opportunity to minor in Christian Ministry
- Opportunity to minor in Character in Leadership
- Students are trained to minister and are provided a wide array of opportunities to put their training into practice both on campus and throughout the community
- Opportunity to receive scholarships in your junior year for serving as Student Chaplain, planning and leading weekly chapel services
- Personal satisfaction that results from helping others realize the importance of Christian faith and thought for all areas of life.
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- Students pursuing further studies in graduate school have been accepted into numerous prestigious universities around the country, including Princeton Theological Seminary.
- Graduates have found rewarding careers in an array of professional positions.
- 99% average placement rate within six months after graduation for 2009 and 2010 graduating seniors
- The American Association of Medical Colleges identified philosophy majors as having the highest rate of acceptance into medical school of all non-interdisciplinary majors.