Jamestown College offers pre-professional preparation for a number of health-related fields including medicine, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, chiropractic, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
Traditionally, more than 85 percent of our science (biology and chemistry) majors pursue further study or professional degrees in the health professions, graduate research, or teaching.
As a student in a health-related pre-professional program at Jamestown College, you will benefit from:
- faculty whose main focus is teaching
- small class sizes assuring personal attention from instructors
- advisers who are informed about the requirements and opportunities in pre-professional areas
- a strong emphasis on the liberal arts, which will prepare you for graduate and professional school
- many organizations and activities providing opportunities to develop non-academic skills while pursuing your professional goals
Jamestown College will break ground in May, 2012, for the McKenna-Thielsch Center, a state-of-the art laboratory building for the biology, chemistry, and nursing departments. The 20,500 square foot facility will open in the Fall of 2013 and will include six science labs, two nursing labs, a student research lab, and a greenhouse.