- A minimum high school GPA of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale and an ACT composite score of 18 or SAT of 850.
- A minimum high school GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale and an ACT composite score of 17 or SAT of 810.
- A minimum college GPA of 2.00 on a 4.0 scale.
- We do not require the writing component of the ACT or SAT test.
- If you do not have an ACT or SAT test score, a TOEFL score of 525 paper, 195 computer or 70 Internet-based will be acceptable. An IELTS band score of 5.5 is also acceptable. If English is your country's native language and you are unable to complete a standardized test, please submit a letter indicating why you are unable to complete a standardized test with your application materials.
The International Student Admission Process
To begin your Journey to Success at Jamestown College - just follow these easy steps:
- Complete an Application for International Admission - if you prefer to complete a paper application instead of using the online application, you may print the application or use one previously provided and mail it along with a $35 application fee to:
- Submit your high school (and college, if applicable) transcript(s) in English along with a clear explanation of the grading system to the above address or fax it to 701-253-4318.
- Submit an academic reference. This form should be completed by an instructor or school administrator. The completed form can be mailed or faxed to us.
- Submit your standardized test scores (ACT, SAT, TOEFL or IELTS)
- If you have attended college since graduating from high school, complete the Transfer Recommendation form. It can be submitted online, via fax or postal mail.
- Submit a completed Declaration of Finances form. You can download this form from our website. It is advisable to obtain two originals of this document, since you will also need it when applying for a visa. Click here for a list of the American Embassies to enable you to access your country's embassy to find out what they require for visa application. The total cost of tuition, fees, room and board for the 2012-13 academic year is $23,900. This total cost usually increases annually. Financial aid for international students is rather limited. You will need to pay approximately $19,000 per year for tuition, fees, room and board after institutional scholarships and awards are deducted from your cost. In addition, you will need funds for books, personal expenses, and transportation. Jamestown College also requires all international students to have health insurance; this can be purchased in the United States for about $100/month.
As soon as your admission file is complete, we will make an admission decision and determine any academic scholarships for which you may qualify. Your admission counselor will be in communications with you throughout this process and is happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please click here to learn more about North Dakota.