Groundbreaking takes place for McKenna-Thielsch Center
Trustees, administrators, alumni and friends, and current and former faculty and staff were on hand May 4 for groundbreaking ceremonies at the site of the McKenna-Thielsch Center.
Named for lead donor Margaret (McKenna) Thielsch, a member of the class of 1943, the 20,500 square foot state-of-the art laboratory building for the science and nursing departments will open in the Fall of 2013. The second phase of the project calls for the complete renovation of Orlady Hall, the College’s existing science building.
"The completion of this building will not be the end," remarked Dr. Gary Watts, Vice President for Academic Affairs. "This building will be a tool, and education is only possible when many hands work together. Students in the immediate and distant future will take what they learn here and employ it for the greater good of all."